6.29.2009

Breaking the Spell

Awake. Late but still morning. Glad that I refused mum's early shopping invite.
It's been months since I wrote anything. I don't know what I've been doing but I haven't even tried to write anything. I found a little inspiration in the stress of my exam study, but otherwise life has been too pleasant to want to write. Funny dat.
Maybe not pleasant. just slow.
Breakfast. Need caffine but coffee doesn't even register when there's an open bottle of diet coke in the fridge. The wind outside is a constant bellow and rustle under the verandah and in the trees. Getting in the house. If I pause in front of my bedroom door I can feel it rush past my feet.
The house is empty. I'm caught between needing affirmation that everyone is where they're supposed to be and fine, and enjoying the quiet.
The fireplace rattles as wind comes in down the chimney. Behind me the birds are demanding attention. I'll turn to them in a second.
I can hear the water on the roads as cars drive by.
Yawn. I could easily go back to sleep for a few hours. maybe the day. A few errands to run but otherwise... nothing. errands I could even put off till tomorrow. I could...
But no. I'll flip on an old episode of Gossip Girl to get me through my para-sleep phase of morning. I'll contemplate an egg. I'll send an e-mail organising to meet with friends tonight. And Eventually I'll even get out of my pijamas and step out into the world, in what is probably going to be a brief scurry from house to car, then car to shop, car to library, car to home.
I think briefly of all my wonderful characters, like good friends, who I have written about and left in awkward places. I will get back to them. Soon.
I feel a real bout of anti-worldness coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment